Contestant Submission Rules
- CenTex Has Talent entry forms may be found online at centexhastalent.com.
- The finals will take place on October 6, 2018 from 4 – 6 p.m. on the Wells Fargo Hometown Stage.
- The entry video must be uploaded to YouTube and must be available to view publicly.
- Videos should not exceed five (5) minutes.
- Contestants of all ages are welcome to submit entries.
- All contestants will need to submit a release of liability form. Contestants under the age of 18 will need to submit a release of liability form signed by a parent orguardian.
- No offensive language or music will be allowed. If not adhered to, the entry will not be posted for voting and the contestant will be disqualified by the judges andchairman.
- Costumes worn by the contestant will not be offensive, disrespectful or suggestive.
- Entries will be accepted from all counties.
- Contestants advancing to the finals will receive one (1) general admission ticket to the Fair and one (1) one-day parking pass. Parents, guardians or anyone else accompanying the contestant must purchase tickets in advance or at the gate.
3. Contest Rules
- The fifteen(15) contestants who receive the most votes during the online voting period will be invited back to perform on the Wells Fargo Hometown Stage on October 6, 2018 from 4 – 6 p.m.
- Each act is limited to five (5) minutes.
- Lip-syncing is not allowed.
- Bands are not allowed due to limited access to bring in equipment and extended transition time.
- Contestants that compete in the Finals will be judged on the basis of talent, showmanship, audience rapport and stage presence. The decision of the judges is final. These decisions are the opinion of the judges and do not represent the views or opinions of the Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo.
- The Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo reserves the right to all submitted videos and use of for future promotion of the Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo and CenTex Has Talent.
- Sound system will be provided.
- Contestants using pre-recorded background music must provide it on either a CD or USB drive with attached marked tracks. No pre-recorded music on tapes or phones will be accepted.
- The first, second and third place contestants will be announced following the conclusion of the contest. First place will receive $250, plus a trophy. Second place will receive $150. Third place will receive $100.